Top USA News of 2018

• As part of the #metoo scandals that shook Holywood, Larry Nassar, the ex- USA Olympic gymnast doctor, was called out for sexually harassing and molesting over 250 athletes. He was sentenced to 60 years in federal prison. Bill Cosby, most known for his role in The Cosby show, was sentenced to 3 to 10 years in federal prison for sexually assaulting over 60 women by drugging them.

'
  • In Austin Texas from March 2nd-20th, a serial bomber sent out 5 packaged bombs which detonated killing 1 civilian and himself, as well as injuring 5 civilians and 1 police officer.

'
  • In Branson, Missouri a duck boat capsized killing 17 people during a sudden micro burst on July 20th.

'
  • Early August two men and three women were found with 11 starving children with little clothes and no shoes being trained to commit school shootings, in a filthy compound in Taos, New Mexico.

'
  • 1: At Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida February 14th a gunman opened fire killing 13 people. 2: April 22nd at a Waffle House in Nashville Tennessee a shooter armed with a semi-automatic rifle killed four and wounded 2 by gunshot and 2 by broken glass. 3: Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, a shooter opened fire in Tree of Life – Or L’Simcha Congregation in the synagogue, 11 were killed. 4: November 7th, in Thousand Oaks California, at Borderline Bar and Grill during college night, an active shooter killed 11 people including a sheriff and himself.

'
  • A Southwest Airlines plane flying from New York to Dallas number 1380 had an emergency landing due to engine failure and the death of a passenger, when she was sucked out a hole in the side, on April 17th.

'
  • Over the summer starting on June 25th the beloved Toy sale company filed for bankruptcy, with a long term standing debt of $5 billion dollars. Their over 750 stores closed June 29th.

'
  • On January 14th the police investigated the alleged imprisonment and starvation of David and Louise Turpin’s 13 children. They where found guilty and the children taken late January.

'
  • '

Samantha Crowson, Cougar Tales and Features Editor

A lot has happened here in the United States for 2018, it’s almost hard to keep track. Here are some of the top US news stories in 2018.