10 Things That Keep Me Going

Cymona Abellard, Reporter

• Coffee~ My coffee addiction started freshman year when I would get Dunkin’ Donuts almost every day after school. Ever since then, every time I wake up in the morning all I can think about is coffee. Recently all I want is an iced white chocolate mocha with cinnamon dolce syrup and sweet cream cold foam on top.

'
  • My dog Prince~ I got Prince a little over a year ago and in just that little amount of time, he changed my life. Every night when I come home from work he greets me at the door and jumps on me. Even though it drives me crazy, I never want him to stop because the day that he does will be the day he stops loving me as much.

'
  • Painting~ I didn’t even know I enjoyed art until freshman year when I was put in that class. But I ended up loving it and taking it sophomore year too, and that is where this painting was done. Now I have some little ones in my room because during Covid, painting was the only thing that kept me busy. Now that I don’t have the time anymore I miss it.

'
  • Rolled Ice Cream~ Normally I can’t decide whether I like sweet or salty foods more, but when I got this rolled ice cream I made up my mind quickly. It was cookies and cream and it was the best dessert I have ever had. Now I crave this every time I see this picture.

'
  • Winter/Snow~ My favorite time of year has always been fall or winter. I love when it is cold outside and you can wear sweats and hoodies every day. So when it snowed a pretty good amount a couple of years back, I took advantage of it and made a snowman with my sisters. It was so much fun. I live for the days when I can just open my window, throw on a movie, light a candle, and watch the snowfall for the short amount of time that it does here in Tucson.

'
  • This specific candle~ One day a couple years ago I went to Ross and found this candle for probably $6. I fell in love with the smell and was burning it every day, so it ran out really fast. Then, because it was Ross and they don’t have two of the same thing most of the time, I had to look it up online. But once I found it, I found out it is made special in California or something and it is normally around $15-$20, I didn’t want to spend that plus shipping. So now every once in a while I just think about that one candle that I fell in love with.

'
  • Birthdays~ I feel like most people enjoy their birthday, but I take it to the next level. I normally start planning my birthday at least 2 months in advance and go all out because I LOVE birthdays. I would even plan out my friends’ birthdays if they would let me, but they don’t really get as excited as I do, so they normally plan small things.

'
  • Photography~ I started taking random pictures outside with my friend one day and then accidentally took this one. After I took it, I went inside and immediately started editing it to make the colors pop just a little bit more. After that, I showed my friend and she told me it looked really cool; ever since then I have convinced myself that I am a photographer. Every time I take pictures of people for Instagram or something I put in my full effort. They turn out amazing every time and it makes me feel good about myself.

'
  • Traveling/Hotels~ My dad used to take my sisters, my stepmom, and me on a mini vacation to places in Phoenix every summer, and I think that is what started my love for traveling. I would look forward to summer just to stay in a beautiful hotel with a great pool, etc. and it would be so fun every time.

'
  • Music~ I have never been a big music person. I mean I always enjoyed it, but I couldn’t just go throughout my day with headphones in listening to music the whole time. This past year that changed and I found artists and specific songs that I really like; it makes me just want to get in my car and drive around all day so I could blast my Spotify.

'